REACH Learning Community
"BRIDGING THE GAP FOR HOMESCHOOLING FAMILIES"
WHO WE ARE
A community of like-minded families with goals to cultivate, in our students, Godly character and a love for learning. Our learning platform facilitates an inquiry, independent learning environment, among peers, while providing space for each student to discover and develop his or her passions, skills and giftings.
- RLC facilitates a 30-week block program year.
- Offering classes on Wed., Thurs., and Fri.
- For ages 5 to 16.
- Learning Day is 8:45am – 2:00pm.
- Extended classes and lessons 2:00pm – 5:00pm.
- Parent volunteers are a key component to the success and affordability of RLC.
- Weekly chapel with a focus on Bible based character development.
- Monthly theme based, project fairs.
- Small group peer discussion.
- Drama instruction with an end of year production.
- Physical fitness.
- RLC begins the first week of September through second week of May.
- Registration is open year around but subject to available seats.
- Seats are reserved by submitting a registration form, receiving confirmation of available seats, and completing the Seat Security payment.
- Membership can be withdrawn at any time.
Our Creative Arts team offers instruction in voice, piano, guitar, strings (violin, viola, and cello), bass, and drums. (see below)
Christina Weidner is a passionate Worship Pastor and leader who’s core mission is to equip and activate the body of Christ into their God-given abilities in the area of music, worship and the creative arts as well as lead the people of God into His presence to experience then fullness of God.
Christina received a vision and calling for ministry at 12 years old. It was clear that God was calling her to the nations to teach people how to worship Him. She was married to James Weidner in 2000 and left for the mission field at the age of 18 spending over 15 years overseas fulfilling this calling. Christina has spent the majority of her ministry writing songs, training children, youth and adults by equipping them to be proficient on their instruments and in leading worship within the local Church. Her passion is to see believers realize his or her musical gifting, increase in confidence and skill and be able to lead the people of God into that Most Holy Place of worship.
Christina Weidner holds her Degree in Christian Arts with a Major in Voice as well as her Degree in Ministerial Studies. Christina is a trained and seasoned Pastor serving her Pastors in Manila, Philippines, New Orleans, Louisiana and currently serves the church she and her husband have planted in Shanghai, China and Covington, LA.
“LOVE it so much!!!! Thank you for this community of fellowship for these children based on the love of God, learning… AND fun!”
22'/23' DETAILED PROGRAM
We will have all our 22'/23' offerings and plan listed by the end of April. Registration will be full open by May 1st.
- Sept. 2 – Orientation for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
- Sept. 7 – Start Day
- Sept. 28/30 – Healthy and Fit Fair
- Oct. 26/28 – History Fair
- Oct. 30 – Celebration of Life
- Nov. 16/18 – Farmer’s Market Fair
- Nov. 23-25 – Thanksgiving Break
- Dec. 14/16 – Music Fair
- Dec. 21 – Jan. 6 – Christmas & New Year Break
- Feb. 1/3 Science Fair
- Feb. 22-24 – Mardi Gras Break Week
- March 1/3 – Storybook Fair
- Mar. 1st – Summer Camp Registration
- Mar. 22 – RLC 23’/24′ Open Registration
- Mar. 29/31 – RLC at the Movies: Commercials and Trailers
- April 7, 12-13 Spring Break Week
- April 26/28 – Art Fair
- April 29th 10:30 Wednesday Recital
- April 29th 1:00 Friday Recital
- May 3/5 – Spring Productions
- May 10, 12 – Last week of RLC.
Summer Camp 2023
- Week 1: June 30 – July 2
- Week 2: June 6 – 9
- Week 3: June 13 – 16
- Week 4: June 20-23
- Week 5: July 11-14
- Week 6: July 18-21
WEDNESDAY Kindergarten-1st Grade IS ACCEPTING WAITLIST ENROLLMENTS
FRIDAY LEARNING DAY IS ACCEPTING WAITLIST ENROLLMENTS
8:45AM – 2:00PM
Wednesday & Friday ages are K5 – 10th grade
Enrollment includes the whole day.
9:00 – 9:40am: Chapel
9:45 – 10:25am: Peer Discussion Groups
10:25- 11:10am: PE (k-5th), Class (6th-12th)
11:10am – 12pm: Lunch (k-5th), Classes (6th-12th)
12-12:50pm: Class (k-5), Lunch (6th-12th)
We offer extracurricular classes in addition to the Learning Community Day. Each Class is enrolled individually.
WEDNESDAY EXTENDED DAY SCHEDULE:
2:15pm – 2:45pm: Year 1 Guitar Class (8yrs+)
2:45pm – 3:15pm: Year 2 Guitar Class (8yrs+)
2:15pm – 2:45pm: Advanced Guitar Class (10yrs +)
2:15pm – 3:00pm: Dance (Lyrical Contemporary Jazz – ages 5-10yrs old)
2:15pm – 3:00pm: Beginner Violin Class
3:00pm – 3:45pm: Intermediate Violin Class
2:15pm-4:30pm: One-on-One Music Lessons As Scheduled
FRIDAY EXTENDED DAY SCHEDULE:
2:15pm – 2:45pm: Year 1 Guitar Class (8yrs+)
2:45pm – 3:15pm: Year 2 Guitar Class (8yrs+)
2:15pm – 2:45pm: Intermediate Guitar Class (10yrs+)
2:45pm – 3:15pm: Voice Class (8yrs+)
2:15pm – 3:00pm: Dance (Lyrical Contemporary Jazz – ages 11yrs+)
2:15pm – 4:30pm: One-on-One Music Lessons As Scheduled
Each class is enrolled individually.
*Class = formal curriculum
*Lab = skills development
Classes are offered for Students 8-18 years old.
STRONG START Thursday:
A program offering instruction in
Literacy, Math, Science, Art, Music, and P. E.
Offering a 5 year old class and a combined 6 & 7 year old class.
Full-Day program from 8:45am – 2:00pm.
Curriculum Reference Guide
GrammarWe will be using the “Growing with Grammar” curriculum.Your child’s grade level would correlate with the Level book. For ex: Grade 5=Level 5WritingFor both Grades 3-5 and Grades 6-8 writing class, we will be using Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) theme based book, “Ancient History-Based Writing Lessons” book. You can purchase the Teacher/Student Manual at the links below or just the Student manual.Teacher/Student Book-Ancient History-Based Writing Lessons [Teacher/Student Combo] | Institute for Excellence in Writing (iew.com)Student Book only-
No curriculum necessary, supplies will be communicated by the instructor.
Creative Arts Lessons
Areas of Instruction:
- Voice Group lessons (ages 8-12)
- Piano: Improvisation / one on one lessons
- Acoustic Guitar one on one and Group class / Beginner and Intermediate
- Bass Guitar one on one lessons
- Drums: Beginner one on one lessons
- Violin: one on one and group lessons
- Modern Dance Class
- Program year is from Sept. through May
- 1 block equals 30 – 30 minute lessons.
- No lessons on holiday weeks. (see RLC holiday schedule)
- The schedule needs to be confirmed with instructor.
Miss Abby – Student Instructor (Piano)
Mr. James – Student Instructor (Drums)
Miss Jessie – Instructor (Dance)
Miss Alice – Instructor (Piano & Guitar)
Mrs. Elizabeth – Instructor (Violin)
Miss Olivia – Instructor (Guitar)
2022/2023 FEE INFO
Thank you for your faithful participation in our programs. Please note we have made an approximate 10% adjustment in all fees for the '22/'23 & '23/'24 program year.
1 Student = Year $400
2 Students = Year $600
3 Students = Year $700
4 Students = Year $800
5 Students and above = Year $900
Payments request are sent via monthly invoice. Monthly automatic payments options can be scheduled HERE as well as other payments methods through text payments, Paypal, or Venmo.
Sponsorships are available when needed.
Refunds are not offered for missed days.
Per Class / Per Student:
1 hour classes full year $200 ($23 monthly)
1.5 hour classes full year $300 ($34 monthly)
One-on-One Creative Arts lessons have a different fee structure – See Below.
Full-Day Fee/Student = Full Program Year $1200 ($134 monthly)
Creative Arts lessons follow the same RLC calendar year and break weeks.
A block consists of one 30 minute lesson a week.
Offering instruction in voice, piano, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, violin, viola, cello, and drums.
One on One blocks = $550/year
Group blocks = $300/year
A registration fee of $25 is applied once per year for all RLC programs. Summer Camp registration fee is additional.
A Seat Security payment is required to complete the enrollment process and secure your child’s seat.
- The Seat Security payment is the equivalent to one month’s payment for the combined enrollment of all learning days and classes registered for.
- The Seat Security payment will be applied to student’s first month.
- Registrants will receive Seat Security payment amount via invoice and are due before start of RLC.
- Keep in mind each program has a maximum student limit. Seats are secured only after Seat Security payment is completed. After each program is filled to capacity your child will be placed on a waitlist unless a refund is desired instead.
- An invoice will be sent each month via email from our QuickBooks email address.
- Full Year Payments can be made or the program year fees pro-rated from student starting month through May.
- Payments are due on or before the 15th of the month as the invoice will indicate.
- Payments are sent via invoice. Monthly automatic payments options can be scheduled HERE as well as other payments methods through text payments, Paypal, or Venmo.
- Each month’s payment is non-refundable after the student’s second day of attendance that month.
- Refunds are not offered for missed classes.