Luke 12:34 (NKJV) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Luke 12:22-34 (NKJV) 22 Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. 23 Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. 24 Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds? 25 And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? 26 If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest? 27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28 If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?
29 “And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. 30 For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. 31 But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you.
32 “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
- Do not worry about your life: vs 22
- Work hard, live below your means, be a giver, pay your bills, pay yourself, play with any remaining.
- You are valuable to God: vs 24
- God’s value system defies our logic. The vilest of humans is still valuable to the Lord.
- Seek to invest time and resources into eternal things. Vs. 31
- In Christ, our Heavenly Father is pleased to give us eternal rewards.
- Sell, give, store up real treasure.
- Where your treasure is…. your heart is.
- Tie your heart in and keep your heart tied in through giving.
- Ela… you get in a fight with someone, you get hurt, you get offended… the first reaction is to withdraw your giving from the situation. In doing so you are setting yourself up for…. (You fill in the blank)
- Giving helps keep the right heart.