Heavenly Father, Thank you! – A Father’s Day Message
- The Heart of the Father is for us His people.
- The Bible tells us all we need to know about our Heavenly Father.
- We should all be reading it but it does not stop there.
- The Bible is more simply a Book to be Believed.
- After believing then obeying.
- The Bible is not a book to be explained.
1. The heart of our Father should motivate us towards seeking him.
1.1. Our Father of light and good.
James 1:16-20 (NKJV) 16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. 18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.
1.2. Do not be deceived.
- God gets a bad rap at times.
Ela… the Lord is sure putting me through it this time.
James 1:12 (NKJV) 12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
1.3. Our Father has promised a crown of life.
• He has not promised to put us through misery in life.
1.4. He has motivated us by offering the ultimate reward.
2. To please our Father is to seek Him and to seek Him is to love Him.
Hebrews 11:6 (NKJV) But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
2.1. It is a child’s job to seek out their father.
2.2. Each person needs to take ownership of their own temptations.
• Ela… It is not God is trying to teach me something.
James 1:13-14 (NKJV) 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
2.3. Our Heavenly Father does not tempt us with evil. • It is not in His nature to do so.
2.4. “If we displease our Heavenly Father than does it matter whom we please; and if we please our Heavenly Father then does it matter whom we displease”
2.5. Oh, to please our Father.
- How badly do we want to please our earthly Father.
- So we make it our desire to please our Heavenly Father.
- And that is only possible by having faith.
3. Noah, the father, built an ark that saved his family.
Gen. 7:13 13 On the very same day Noah and his sons, Shem and Ham and Japheth, and Noah’s wife and the three wives of his sons with them entered the ark,
Hebrews 11:7 (NKJV) 7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.
3.1. Noah in all his working to build the Ark first saved his family.
3.1.1. There were probably many others who helped build this great work but in the end, or the beginning depending on how you look at it, he built an ark that saved his family.
3.2. Being divinely warned was moved with godly fear.
3.2.1. Fear: to act cautiously, circumspectly, to beware, fear to reverence, stand in awe of
3.3. We have all in like manner been warned about the things to come.
Matthew 24:38-39 (NKJV) 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be
3.4. What a privilege and responsibility it is to be a Father.
Matthew 6:26-27 (NKJV) 6 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
4. Thank you dear Heavenly Father.
- How many things can you thank your Heavenly Father for, right now?
- Thank you for divine warning about the things to come.
- Thank you Father for providing for us.
- Thank you Father for giving the Holy Spirit.
- Thank you for every good gift.
Luke 11:13 (NKJV) 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”
Thank you heavenly Father for knowing and sharing with us.
Matthew 24:36 (NKJV) 36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.