The River of God pt 2
Ezekiel 47:1-12 (ESV) 1 Then he brought me back to the door of the temple, and behold, water was issuing from below the threshold of the temple toward the east (for the temple faced east).
PS 46:4 There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
John 7:37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”
Revelation 22:1-5 (ESV) 1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
• Lord, we invite your Presence, the river of your Holy Spirit to flow freely in this house today and overflow through the heart and life of each person.
- Water flowing from below the temple of the Lord.
- They are increasing waters. Observe the progress of the gospel in the world, and the process of the work of grace in the heart; attend the motions of the blessed Spirit under Divine guidance.
- The work of the Spirit starts out as a trickle.
- The waters grow continually deeper as we follow.
- An infinite God and impassable river.
- Exploring the depths.
Romans 11:33 (ESV) Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!
• Anything the river touches it brings life.
1. The river of God is the supernatural outflow and workings of the Holy Spirit in our life and upon this earth.
1.1. The River flows from the throne of God.
1.2. The River over take us.
1.3. The River overwhelm us.
1.4. The River take us for a ride.
2. Getting planted on the river’s banks.
Ez 47:7 As I went back, I saw on the bank of the river very many trees on the one side and on the other.
Ez. 47:12 And on the banks, on both sides of the river, there will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither, nor their fruit fail, but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because the water for them flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for healing.”
PS 52: 8 But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever.
2.1. We get planted by the river’s side for the purpose of living off the waters from the sanctuary.
2.2. Living on the waters flowing from the throne.
2.3. The benefit is that there is never a shortage of water.
2.4. Bearing fruit continually because the flow does not cease. 2.5. Our live’s flourish. “Leaves will not wither”
3. Out of one’s heart flows rivers of water.
John 7:37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
The Amplified Version = He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as the Scripture has said, From his innermost being shall flow [continuously] springs and rivers of living water.
3.1. The heart is referred to as the seat of our soul.
3.2.“Our Heart knows why we are here and what our purposes are in Life. When we drift away from our Heart, we create struggles and hardships in Life.” – random Secular author
3.3. The Lord comes and makes His throne on our heart.
3.4. Our heart becomes His seat, our body His temple, our life His out flow.
3.5. So when the Lord is seated on the throne of our heart a river flowing from our life…
4. Are you thirsty?
Isa 55:1 “Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk Without money and without price.
4.1. The river is not a secret.
4.2. This river is not new but IS and HAS BEEN and will EVER BE.
4.3. Are you going to drink of this river that forgives and heals and restores or are we going to drink of the pain and hurts and offenses of this life. 4.4. Are we going to drink of the lie or partake of flow.
4.5. The river of God wells up from within
5. Through the washing (river flowing) of rebirth – regeneration.
Titus 3:5 (NKJV) not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
5.1. spiritual renovation; specially, Messianic restoration: — regeneration.
5.2. new birth, reproduction, renewal, recreation, regeneration 5.3. Therefore renovation, regeneration,
5.4. the production of a new life consecrated to God,
5.5. a radical change of mind for the better.
5.6. often used to denote the restoration of a thing to its pristine state, its renovation, as a renewal or restoration of life after death
6. The river softens and exposes.
Psalms 65:9-10 (ESV) 9 You visit the earth and water it; you greatly enrich it; the river of God is full of water; you provide their grain, for so you have prepared it. 10 You water its furrows abundantly, settling its ridges, softening it with showers, and blessing its growth.
6.1. Water reveals holes.
6.2. Water will expose cracks.
7. Within every provision of promise resulting in blessing their is a warning.
Ez 47:11 But its swamps and marshes will not become fresh; they are to be left for salt.
Romans 1:28 (NKJV) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
- So our response: Hear the call.
- Get in the flow.
- Be led to deeper waters.
- Roots drink from the water from the throne.
Offering: The progressive increase that comes as a result of generous living and the blessing of the Lord.
Proverbs 11:25 (ESV) Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.
Proverbs 11:25 (NKJV) The generous soul will be made rich, And he who waters will also be watered himself.
- The Lord rewards generosity.
- Generous living is a matter of the heart, is strategic in planning, and intentional in execution.
- Every act of generosity is a seed sown.
- We can care of fit water it and weed it, or ignore it and let it be, or regret it and uproot it.
- Strategically planning a life of generosity is intentionally making space and providing margin to be able to be generous.
- But often times generous living is Reactive generosity meaning it is in your heart to be generous and to help therefore you do what you can in the moment ofneed.
- In time we begin to learn the benefits of generosity.
- Our thinking begins to morf in time to not only be thinking about ourselves and our own needs.
- Asking the lord for eyes to see.
- Our desires begin to morf.
- Our contentment increases.
- We no longer feel we have to try to keep up or have or do
- And thankful fullness begin to rule our hearts.